1. Conduct research and select a form used for documenting a systems request for Southwestern Tires ([login to view URL]).
Develop a systems project request (see pages 13 - 14, figure 1-4) for a template, using MS Word or another tool.
Criteria: Contains project name, submitter name, sponsor name, stakeholder departments, the problem to be solved, benefits, objectives, time estimate, cost estimate, alternatives considered, & risks. Use APA formatting for citations and references.
2. Prepare a business requirements document (in MS Word or another tool), based on the project request and the Southwestern Tires case (Southwestern_Tires_Case(2).pdf). Include priority “ranking” (Hi, MED,LO) for each requirement. Contains statements of requirements related to business needs. See figure 1-6 for guidance.
Criteria: Minimum of 3 requirements, but you can include up to 10. Use APA formatting for citations and references.
3. Develop a Context Diagram for the Southwest Tires case study. Using Lucidchart, create the context diagram. Snip it, and paste it into a Word document, containing a title page.
Criteria: Full credit for use of the appropriate shapes, with appropriate labeling on the shapes and the lines.
4. Create an alternative decision matrix for the South West Tires case study. Using Excel or Word, develop a decision matrix to be used to evaluate three proposed design alternatives (alternatives A, B, and C). The idea is to create a worksheet that can be applied to any set of alternatives.
Criteria: Decision matrix will have columns for criteria weights and points available, and columns that represent three proposals.
5. Use wufoo ([login to view URL]) to develop an input form using some of the key fields from your project. Snip the design and paste it into Word document with title Sheet. Provide the resulting URL, as well.
Criteria: Design incorporates a good choice of colors, text, font, arrangement, and evidence of possible navigation.
6. Develop a transition plan for moving from the current business system to the proposed automated system, for the Southwestern Tires Case. Consider elements of transition such as operational support, ongoing training, and future system improvements, as well as any other transition activities that will assure the successful transition.
Criteria: Your document should address the above items, and may include other items of transition. Use APA formatting for citations and references.