This assignment has been designed to assess students’ ability to model data, by constructing an entity-relationship diagram for a particular business scenario. This assignment addresses the following learning objectives for this subject:
• Perform conceptual modelling using Entity-Relationship Diagrams (ERDs)
• Discuss business assumptions which affect data modelling. Model a database using the entity-relationship (ER) model and understand the database development process
• Use the techniques of normalization
• You are to write a brief discussion of your solution, i.e. how you approached the modelling problem and any issues you may have encountered (maximum of ½ page).
• You are to write all applicable business rules necessary to establish entities, relationships, optionalities, connectivities, cardinalities and constraints. If a many–to-many relationship is involved, state the business rules regarding the bridging entities after breaking down the many-to-many relationship. An example business rules format can be found in Appendix A of this document. Business rules you write are expected to be in the same format as presented in Appendix A.
• Based on these business rules,* draw a fully labelled and implementable Entity-Relationship Diagram (ERD). Include all entities, relationships, optionalities, connectivities, cardinalities and constraints. You must use Crow’s foot notation and MS Visio to create the ERD (a hand-drawn ERD will NOT be accepted). A sample ERD can be found in Appendix A of this document. (Note: The ERD created using Visio will need to be saved as an image file and then be included in your document file to be submitted).
• A summary to describe the major justifications, assumptions and limitations related to your database design. For example:
• Assumption/justifications for optionalitiy, connectivities, constraints data type and data domain; and
• Special cases or data integrity issues that cannot be handled.
Note: Designing the database is an iterative process; you may find yourself going back and forth between Tasks 1 and 3 to revise the design. Make sure that your final submission shows consistent design in the business rules and ERD.
• need to submit a document file (MS Word format); this document should include all the answers for tasks 1-4.
• need to submit the MS Visio file containing the ERD.
•. assignment submission will be used to determine if the assignment is late or not. Refer to the subject guide for the policy for late submission.
23 freelancers κάνουν προσφορές κατά μέσο όρο $121 για αυτή τη δουλειά
I'm a Bsc degree holder in computer science. I have worked on many papers in report writing, research.I have read and understood your requirement and I know you will never regret, thank you.
Hi there, I went through the requirements and I would like to do this project if given the opportunity. I do Database modelling. Let me know if you are interested.
Hi, Have gone through your requirements and feel can do the job for you. I have 15+ years of experience in software development and database modeling. Kindly consider. Thanks, UK Sharma