The project will create a tool that when given the database details of a mediawiki installation, the name of a category from wikipedia and a language, will populate my mediawiki (with modified templates and skins) with the complete content of the category in the language I specify into another mediawiki installation.
The key components are as follows.
1. The ability of users to edit the pages on the new install just like they would at wikipedia
2. A process initiated on demand by a human controller to copy the databases of the two categories from their [url removed, login to view] source to the new install. (Should be copied from [url removed, login to view]). This should be accessible from a webpage, and not require the page be open after I submit the details for it to complete.
3. The database copy must be resumable if it fails, and resume automatically.
4. If a page at the new install has been modified by a user, the page will not be automatically replaced by the [url removed, login to view] page. After the database copy, the controller is notified of all pages that have not been replaced and has the option to choose to require the program to replace pages that he selects manually to be replaced.
5. Any [url removed, login to view] links within a page that point to a wikipedia page that does not exist within the music category should be removed.
Ideally you would have some prior experience in mediawiki development that you could show me. Although this is not critical if you can demonstrate proficiency in the necessary skills.
5 freelancers κάνουν προσφορές κατά μέσο όρο $444 για αυτή τη δουλειά
I have experience in web development, SQL and PHP. Please give me a chance to work with you. You can test my skills by letting me work on a trial task.
I'm pretty sure I can handle this even though I don't have Wikimedia experience. I'm experienced at loading data from external sites and placing it in a new format. Check PM for more details.