Goals: The following is a list of the intended features for K.Y.S.T and their priority based on feasibility and need.
• Critical Features:
• Two Factor Authentication: as mentioned above this is intended to prevent users from accessing other users networks.
• Network discovery: The site will have the ability to fully generate a small to medium network using either SNMP or Nmap based on admin preference. This is a critical feature of the K.Y.S.T system
• Hardware password management: K.Y.S.T will be able to handle the passwords of the various network equipment to allow centralized management.
• Custom Hardware profiles: This feature will allow for easier management of responsibilities of IT admins and their counterparts, as well as make it easy to read the importance of a piece of hardware.
• Desired Features:
• Alert Notifications: This feature will alert admins when specific conditions have been reached, such as password expiration.
• Remote Support: This feature will allow admins with appropriate access setup to directly connect to the hardware in their network to manage them.
• Ticketing System: A basic help request form for IT to use to assist their users
• additional alert options may be added for admins to use based on priority settings
• Future Features
• Real-time data: Read traffic flow data and graph so admins can see how the network is being utilized
• Network audit: Check the inventoried system for duplicates/removed/added units and report the mismatches
• Also check hardware profiles for outdated software licenses or incorrect information
• Administrative Domain support: work in sync with Active Directory for windows
I'm assigned to do IT Asset Management System which should be web based. I have attached a brief Requirement Document and Some PP slides go give idea about what project should look like. The Requirement Doc talks about SNMP I was suggested to use NMAP.
I need have the features that are mentioned in the slides. Have you done the NMAP scripting before. That’s what I was required to use for Network Discovery. My project idea is very similar to spiceswork. We can take a peek at this site: [login to view URL]
You have asked me for the technology to be used for the project and I’m keep forgetting to provide. Here is the list:
NMAP of course and HTTPS If necessary
can you help me to do in the simplest form ?