We're a small software company focusing on delivering high quality digital marketing tools for small to medium sized businesses. We develop and sell several PHP-based Wordpress plugins and PHP-based software which is hosted on our servers. We're looking for a reliable and EXPERIENCED PHP programmer who can help us update and expand our software over time.
- Experience with Wordpress, especially creating Wordpress plugins and with the Wordpress API
- Experience with MySQL, HTML5 and CSS
- Capable of multi-tasking - We have several different applications which need updating and enhancements, and there will also be new apps. We'll make priorities clear, but you'll sometimes have to switch between different projects.
- Self motivated - You'll be working remotely and trusted to deliver on your part of the project. So if you need someone to watch over your shoulder and keep you on track every few hours, this isn't for you.
- Detail focused and able to solve problems - We're not just looking for someone who can write a few lines of code. You'll come across challenges and it will be up to you to find good and robust solutions for our customers.
- Ability and willingness to look into customer problems and fix them if necessary. We have a great support team, so you will not be directly involved with support. But we expect you to deal with technical problems in a professional way and fix them for our customers if necessary.
- Decent English language skills - We don't expect you to be a native speaker, but your English needs to be good enough to communicate in written and spoken form without any problems, or without constant misunderstandings and extra explanations.
- We'll automate our project build process in the near future e.g. with Phing. If you have experience writing build scripts, please tell us about it.
- Since we have more than one developer working on certain projects, we're going to incorporate PHP libraries and frameworks. If you have any experience with development frameworks or libraries, please list them in your application.
What we offer in return:
- A team of smart people to work with
- Interesting projects that will challenge your skills
- Freedom to get on with the job - We're not some big company with dozens of people between you and a finished application, you'll report directly to the COO and be trusted to deliver
- Flexible working hours - We have people working from all over the world so we've developed systems to cope with that. As long as you can be online for the important few conversations (like project briefs) the rest of it is down to you to schedule
Sounds like what you're looking for? Great!
If we like what we see, we'll be in touch for an initial interview. If that goes well we'll hire you for a trial and give you a small sample project to see what you've got. Ideally, we're looking for a long-term relationship where you'll be working for us on different pieces of software in the future.
Final note: We don't want to work with people who can't be bothered to read instructions. Please start your application with "Hi folks" so that we know you've read the whole text. Otherwise we'll just reject your application. :)