A small service that installs on a windows PC to fetch print jobs from a remote web server and send them to a local printer when prompted.
Process is basically:
1. Service starts up and starts listening on a TCP port 127.0.0.1:8181
2. Browser connects to the listening port (this is the prompt)
3. Service responds with "working" and closes connection
4. Service downloads a fixed url that contains the entire print job already pre made for the correct printer and printer emulation
1. Print Job is generated server side - no work there
5. Service connect to the network printer (jet direct / port 9100) on the local network and sends the file fetched in step 4 to the printer
1. Service connects to a success or fail url based on whether it printed successfully
6. Go back to step 1
The printer ip address/port and model should be configurable on the service and passed to the server as part of the url in step 4.
Optionally it should also be able to send data to a serial printer attached to a serial port instead of a network printer and provide feedback in 5 based on successfully printing it.