Sydney Technology Solutions are seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to work as part of our Service Desk Team.
All applicants MUST be available to work a minimum of 8.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday Australian Eastern Summer / Standard Time (Sydney)
It is essential that the applicant is focused on delivering a superior support experience to our clients by phone, email & or service desk.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• IT support relating to technical issues involving core business applications, as well as virtual environments built on Citrix, Microsoft, and VMware – MUST have strong Hyper-V (cluster shared volumes), Azure & Office 365 Skills.
• Design, implementation, and support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, etc.
• Engineer and implement system solutions for customers using technologies that meet their needs
• Implement and support disaster recovery solutions
• Technical services and support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security – strong Cisco Router experience is essential.
• Remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix
• System documentation and consulting services to include system reviews and recommendations
• Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
• Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
• Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
• Escalate service or project issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels
• Business awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals
• Develop in-depth knowledge of the service catalog and how it relates to customer’s needs
• Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities
• Responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise as it occurs
• Understand processes in ConnectWise by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on the ConnectWise University
• Work through project tickets and phases in ConnectWise as assigned by a Project Manager
• Enter all work as service or project tickets into ConnectWise
• Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Professional IT Certifications, such as: Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE, Citrix CCEA or CCIA, SonicWall CSSA, Cisco CCNA, or VMware VCP
• Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
• Diagnosis skills of technical issues
• Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
• Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
• Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided
• Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
• Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
• Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment
• Experience with MSP Tools such as Labtech & Connectwise are highly desirable
• Experience with GFI Products such as WebMonitor, MailArchiver & MAX Backup (IASO) highly desirable
32 freelancers are bidding on average $21/hour for this job
14 years of technical experience working in IT team of many large and small scale companies. CCNA, CCNP certified and experienc of working on Severs and VMware.
Great to come across the job opportunity for system administrator... I am having more than 6 years of experience in relevant field. I am able to perform the task with ease. kindly consider my profile....