In this puzzle, you are required to store and display a list of words and descriptions to build a glossary of terms into a persistent data store. It should give you the opportunity to demonstrate your flair for technology and your programming style.
Please provide a working solution using
• Asp.Net Mvc 4.0/4.5
• Entity Framework
• Sql Express
• JQuery and other plug-ins
While Visual Studio allows you to ‘New-Up’ this project and stub out the project, a more advantageous approach would be to apply your own personal flair and changes to this structure to showcase your skills. Please ensure that the Entity Framework implementation creates or attaches a database upon compilation.
Glossary Term Model
• Term: The term of reference
• Definition: A paragraph of text describing the meaning of the term.
ABYSSAL PLAIN The ocean floor offshore from the continental margin, usually very flat with a slight slope.
ACCRETE v. To add terranes (small land masses or pieces of crust) to another, usually larger, land mass.
ALKALINE Term pertaining to a highly basic, as opposed to acidic, subtance. For example, hydroxide or carbonate of sodium or potassium.
1. As a glossary author, I would like to add a term and definition to the system so I can continually grow our knowledge base of terms.
2. As a glossary author, I would like to edit a term so I can fix mistakes and update definitions.
3. As a glossary author, I would like to remove terms that I no longer feel are necessary or valid.
4. As a glossary author, I would like no duplicate terms to exist
5. As a glossary author, I would like to view the alphabetically sorted list of terms and definitions so I can find a particular term quickly.
6. As a product owner, I want to the ability to offer a REST API service for the above features to allow smart phone apps for consumption.
1. Should have full CRUD operations
2. Should show terms sorted alphabetically
3. Existing terms should be visible when the application starts