NOTE: I'm looking to complete this project in the <= $100 USD range.
Currently working on a 2D platformer game and in need of the primary design for the main character. I am slightly flexible on the price, but I'm looking at a fixed bid project. The atmosphere of the game is slightly on the dark side. Please note the following, which are included as part of the sample image:
- Open to a redesign of the hood/cowl.
- Sword must be a separate piece and is not required to be included as part of the original design. It will be interchangeable.
- Left hand must be a separate piece.
- Chest strap must be present, but the accessories are not required and, at this point, not necessary.
- Design on the robe is not concrete. Would like some contour on the edges, but ultimately I would like the robe to be rune etched/sewn, so the trim would need to be thinner, if present at all.
- Direction on the face is undecided. Prefer a separate piece that can be interchanged once a design is determined.
- The sketch on the cowl is obviously terrible and would need improvement. Preferably it would blend seamlessly into the robe.
- There doesn't have to be a visible neck, that just happened because of my sketching random things.
- Animation is not required at this time, but the piece must be sliced for animation.
- I am open to embellishments or redesigns. However, this is my guy and I expect him to look similar.
- The end goal is to have a character that can be animated to attack, slide, jump, latch to a wall, cast spells (maybe using a single animation), run, crouch slightly and perform an extended dash that would be a more stylized version of Hollow Knight's "super dash". (For reference.) Basic platformer stuff.
- Character must be visible against dark backgrounds, including solid black. The character can be almost black.
- Prefer a hand-painted look.
- He obviously needs feet, but I'm worse at sketching feet than I am at sketching left hands.
- Design can be vector or raster based, but must be delivered in a size that will scale from a 60" TV down to a 19" monitor.
- Character must be sliced for animation, but animation is not required at this time.
- There is no guarantee that this character will make it into a game. If it does, whatever reference you request will be added to the game's credits, within reason.
- I expect to see similar work in your portfolio or your bid will not be considered.
- I prefer artists that could be counted on for environment and animation work in the future, should that be desirable and necessary.
- This is a hooded, robed character that is placed in a 2D platforming environment.
- This is a darker game. Darker in both color and in theme. I am open to character redesigns as long as it fits the above point.
- I would like to stick with the same artist over the course of this project, which may or may not be extended. Additional work will not be immediate. I would prefer that the artist be able to handle character and environment. There might be some work for enemy design. Animation is not required, but would be a bonus. If you would rather just work the initial character design, please do submit a bid. Or however this site works.
Hey! So I checked out your sketch, Would you want it to be in the same detail? I understand animation splicing too so I'm sure I can help with that! Check out some of this work [login to view URL]
32 freelancers are bidding on average $112 for this job
hi there, game artist and animator here, and i can do your project for consideration you can review my sample of work at my portfolio page and if you need something else, just leave me a message
Hi, I'm digital artist skilled in drawing and painting, experienced in animations for games. Please check out my portfolio. Kinds regards, Jefferson
Hello, I won't bother you with long writing, if you like my style, feel free to contact me anytime. My portfolio: [login to view URL] https://www.freelancer.com/u/aohitsuki