NOTE: I'm looking to complete this project in the <= $100 USD range.
Currently working on a 2D platformer game and in need of the primary design for the main character. I am slightly flexible on the price, but I'm looking at a fixed bid project. The atmosphere of the game is slightly on the dark side. Please note the following, which are included as part of the sample image:
- Open to a redesign of the hood/cowl.
- Sword must be a separate piece and is not required to be included as part of the original design. It will be interchangeable.
- Left hand must be a separate piece.
- Chest strap must be present, but the accessories are not required and, at this point, not necessary.
- Design on the robe is not concrete. Would like some contour on the edges, but ultimately I would like the robe to be rune etched/sewn, so the trim would need to be thinner, if present at all.
- Direction on the face is undecided. Prefer a separate piece that can be interchanged once a design is determined.
- The sketch on the cowl is obviously terrible and would need improvement. Preferably it would blend seamlessly into the robe.
- There doesn't have to be a visible neck, that just happened because of my sketching random things.
- Animation is not required at this time, but the piece must be sliced for animation.
- I am open to embellishments or redesigns. However, this is my guy and I expect him to look similar.
- The end goal is to have a character that can be animated to attack, slide, jump, latch to a wall, cast spells (maybe using a single animation), run, crouch slightly and perform an extended dash that would be a more stylized version of Hollow Knight's "super dash". (For reference.) Basic platformer stuff.
- Character must be visible against dark backgrounds, including solid black. The character can be almost black.
- Prefer a hand-painted look.
- He obviously needs feet, but I'm worse at sketching feet than I am at sketching left hands.
- Design can be vector or raster based, but must be delivered in a size that will scale from a 60" TV down to a 19" monitor.
- Character must be sliced for animation, but animation is not required at this time.
- There is no guarantee that this character will make it into a game. If it does, whatever reference you request will be added to the game's credits, within reason.
- I expect to see similar work in your portfolio or your bid will not be considered.
- I prefer artists that could be counted on for environment and animation work in the future, should that be desirable and necessary.
- This is a hooded, robed character that is placed in a 2D platforming environment.
- This is a darker game. Darker in both color and in theme. I am open to character redesigns as long as it fits the above point.
- I would like to stick with the same artist over the course of this project, which may or may not be extended. Additional work will not be immediate. I would prefer that the artist be able to handle character and environment. There might be some work for enemy design. Animation is not required, but would be a bonus. If you would rather just work the initial character design, please do submit a bid. Or however this site works.
Hey! So I checked out your sketch, Would you want it to be in the same detail? I understand animation splicing too so I'm sure I can help with that! Check out some of this work [login to view URL]
31 freelancers κάνουν προσφορές κατά μέσο όρο $113 για αυτή τη δουλειά
Hi, I'm digital artist skilled in drawing and painting, experienced in animations for games. Please check out my portfolio. Kinds regards, Jefferson
hi there, game artist and animator here, and i can do your project for consideration you can review my sample of work at my portfolio page and if you need something else, just leave me a message
Hello, I won't bother you with long writing, if you like my style, feel free to contact me anytime. My portfolio: [login to view URL] https://www.freelancer.com/u/aohitsuki