I have a set of 6 indicators for Metatrader 4 which I need to be ported to both NinjaTrader 8 and Metatrader 5. These are fully functional indicators that are performing well in Metatrader 4.
In total, there are 23596 lines of code, including libraries. Most of the code is non-platform dependent (just logic).
For confidentiality reasons, I'm not able to post the code here: I'll pass it once the project is started. The code is well-written for the most part, with nothing shady or especially difficult about it. In any case, once accepted, you can freely take a look at the code and cancel the project if you decide that you don't want to work on it.
I'm a coder myself (I coded all of these indicators), and I expect bug-free code (working as in Metatrader 4), and clean code (for code that needs to be added).
=== INDICATORS DESCRIPTION ===
- Check the attached PDF for information about the 6 indicators.
=== CODE PORTING ===
Most of the code is non-platform dependent code (logic), which will be the easiest part to port. As for the platform dependent part of the code, these are some of its functions:
- Analyze multiple timeframes in one chart (MTF analysis)
- Call other indicators in the package (through iCustom() )
- Use Metatrader's GUI functionalities (small panels in the chart and other objects)
These will have to be adapted for NinjaTrader; in Metatrader 5, the code should stay fairly similar to MT4's.
In the end, the indicators should show the same output for the same input (it's possible to export Metatrader 4 data to NinjaTrader for testing), and they should be bug-free (unless the bug was already present in the original version).
=== TASKS ===
So the exact tasks will be:
- Adapt existing MT4 indicators, by passing some of their code to .mqh files. This is so that iCustom() use by 'Indicator 6' can be avoided, which poses stability and performance problems, and possibly wouldn't work well in MT5 and NinjaTrader 8. Instead, this indicator will get the output it needs using these libraries
- Port indicators to Metatrader 5
- Port indicators to NinjaTrader 8
=== WHAT PROFILE AM I LOOKING FOR ===
I'm looking for an experienced freelancer in coding for both NinjaTrader 8 and Metatrader 5, preferentially with previous big projects. You should also be able to come up with solutions for certain porting issues that may arise, such as those described earlier. Good communication is also essential, as there will be details that need to be discussed along the way.
PROFESSIONALISM is key: bad attitude, excessive delays, non-responsiveness and careless work will not be tolerated, and the project will be immediately ceased and disputed if necessary.
=== WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER THE PROJECT ===
Given that the project is successful, we can establish a long-term relationship. Developing indicators/experts for Metatrader/NinjaTrader from prototypes, and a web-based trading solution are some of the projects that we are looking for to develop in the future.