My Poetry book has just 1 poem and its sequel with a total of 156 stanzas and some text.
It has been translated to almost 50 languages so far. I am aiming for 100 languages.
Only 75 will perhaps break 2 existing Guinness World Records and make a third one.
The translation should not be a google translation or similar. The translator should have command over the language he/she wants to translate to and should have a poetic bend of mind so that he/she can make the lines properly rhyming with same or similar meaning as the original poems and it should rhyme like original poems do.
I plan to self publish the book in all the languages I can translate it into.
There are two ways of working.
1. As per agreement, I will pay $15 + You will get credit as the Translator of the Poem for the language you have translated the book to, on the book cover and inside + 50% of any royalty I receive from amazon or any other book publisher for 2 years. 50% in the First Year after the book is published and 25% in the second year. I will pay for the publication cost+any marketing cost.
2. You can quote your fee which will transfer all copyrights and all commercial rights to me. You will not be entitled to any credits or share in royalty etc.
Please check the languages which are still needed from this link (the ones not highlighted in the page as per table below):
If you want to apply, please do poetic translation of the first 3 stanzas of the poem (total of 156) given below
The Chosen One: The Son
Chapter 1: The Birth
1. A mother's prayers were answered, a child was born
To his perpetual welfare and well-being, she was sworn.
2. Looking at her unique creation, she was charmed.
When he touched her softly, her heart was warmed.
3. Beautiful, cute, adorable and having skin so mild,
He became the proud mother’s most special child.
If you can do better translation from a language other than English which is already available with me, let me know. Almost 50 languages have been done.
These World Languages are needed+Any dialect of a major language.
Japanese, Korean,Thai, Jin, Persian. Pashto, Sudanese, Burmese, Fula, Oromo, Kurdish, Melagasy, Saraiki, Zhuang, Khmer, Somali, Kazak, Sylheti, Zulu, Czech, Haitian Creole, Eastern Min, Llocano, Quechua, Kirundi, Hmong, Shona, Uyghur, Mossi, Xhosa, Balochi
These Indian Languages and dialects are needed:
Assamese, Bodo, Dogri, Kannada, Kashmiri, Konkani, Maithili, Malayalam, Manipuri ,Marathi, Odia, Sanskrit, Santali, Sindhi, Bhojpuri, Rajasthani, Magadh/Magahi, Chhattisgarhi, Haryanvi, Marwari, Malvi, Mewari, Khorth, Bundeli, Bagheli, Pahari, Laman, Awadhi, Harauti, Garhwali, Nimadi, Sadan, Kumauni, Dhundhari,Surgujia, Bagri Rajasthani, Banjari, Nagpuria, Surajpuri, Kangri, Tulu
15 freelancers κάνουν προσφορές με μέσο όρο ₹1346 γι' αυτή τη δουλειά
i can translate it in Urdu , Punjabi , pashto , seraiki our local Pakistani languages . you are writing modern type of poetry i think i can help you more effectively
I am an experienced translator of Yoruba and Hausa languages (Nigerian languages) from and into English. I am available to start work immediately. Thanks.