A coder came onto my server to fix a communications issue. The server was He went and updated the DB's (mysql, sql, cgi) without my knowledge and now my websites, which are older and probably not compatible with the new versions, do not work anymore. I need to undo what he did so that everything works again
I can view and do most things with the websites still. But the server itself seems to be blocked from communicating outside of the server (i.e. the filezilla server can't connect to the server and the Internet explorer can't reach the internet. Rebooting fixes the issue
The APPLICATION event viewer has the following errors during the time where the server went offline:
1) MSSQLServer: 19012: supersocket info: bind failed on TCP port 1433
2) MYSQL: [path] is marked as crashed and should be repaired (NOTE: this is an unused DB and could be deleted if necessary)
3) URL: /cutesoft_client..../[url removed, login to view] MESSAGE: input string was not in a correct format SOURCE: mscorib
The SYSTEM event viewer has the following errors during the time where the server went offline:
1) the device /device/ide/ideport0, did not respond within the timeout period
2) the Messenger service terminated with the following error: the specified module could not be found
3) THE PREVIOUS SYSTEM SHUTDOWN AT 10:33 WAS UNEXPECTED
Today again I lost connection to my server through "remote desktop connection" as well as logmein access . The websites on the server were not accessible either. I had to go in to the host's admin webpage and reboot the server. I can see that its still online...and I can do a soft reboot on the server. Once rebooted ...everything worked fine.
The project is to get rid of the above error messages, and to make the fix so that I don't lose connectivity from the server to the internet.
I don't think the fixes will take that long to a server admin who knows his stuff. Please do not bid more than $50.