**PURPOSE:** To create an additional function with the Zen cart so that the customer will be able to select one or more of the products that he has selected to purchase to be entered into the auto-ship program. The selected products will be stored in a database to be called according to the parameters set by the customer.
**AUTOSHIP ADDON TO SHOP CART** **
PURPOSE: ** To create an additional function with the Zen cart on [url removed, login to view] so that the customer will be able to select one or more of the products that he has selected to purchase to be entered into the auto-ship program. The selected products will be stored in a database to be called according to the parameters set by the customer.
IMPORTANT NOTE:** The programmer reading these specifications must consider that the author/requester is not an experienced programmer and therefore may not have considered some aspects of “how this can be done??. The programmer accepting this project must realize there may be a series of conversations in order that both understand the what the final purpose is. This must be understood before the project is started.
All of the selection will be done on Step 2 of 3 ??" Payment Information page. This is the step immediately preceeding the credit card number step.
Here are the modifications required.
1. A popup or some other method needs to be designed to INVITE the customer to become a member of the auto-ship program. An explanation of the program needs to be provided as to the options available for the shipping of the selected product(s) to the customer without having to physically enter and order. This should be a new window and must have a CLOSE button. All the necessary rules like cancellation, refunds, disclaimers can be provided by direct links
2. Step 2 of 3 ??" Payment Information page must be modified to indicate the products ordered by the customer but only each product will be displayed with a checkbox on the left side of the item. Each product listed will have a SPECIAL PRICE that will be assigned for auto-ship only for the product. This could require a separate database for separate pricing for auto-ship products OR could have a discount, to be assigned by ADMIN for each product. In the later case there will be a need for a database containing the discounts for each product listed in the cart. This is because that a customer may order any product from the cart and any products ordered can also be selected for autoship.
3. A FREQUENCY box (default = 1) must be placed next to each item in which the customer will be restricted to entering either 1, 2 or 3. This number represents the frequency of which the product will be automatically shipped and billed to the customer.
4. A customer may order different products to be shipped at a different frequenty, i.e. product A to be shipped each month; product B to be shipped at 3-month intervals.
5. A product selected for auto-ship must have a minimum of a 30-day period before the auto-ship program is activated.
6. A customer must have the product on the current order in order for it to be available for inclusion in the auto-ship program.
7. Multiple products and different frequency intervals may be selected.
8. Once the customer selects products for the auto-ship program, the normal shop cart process resumes with the selection of the method of shipping.
9. Once the CONTINUE CHECKOUT button is selected the shop cart program will progress to Step 3 of 3 Payment Information. There are no changes on this page. The customer should enter the information required and press CONTINUE CHECKOUT.
10. Next is Step 3 of 3 ??" Order Confirmation. This is the final page. There are no changes on this page. Once the customer selects CONFIRM ORDER the regular order is saved permanently and the auto-ship information is saved as well. The following will occur with regard to the auto-ship portion of the order.
> a. An email will be sent to the customer (in addition of all email sent normally from the Zen cart order) advising
1. Selected auto-ship products will not be authorized until the week in which they will be shipped.
2. An order will be generated automatically and entered into the shop cart for each auto-ship event. If more than one product is ordered for auto-ship on the same frequency, they will be shipped together.
3. Each product(s) will be shipped at 30-day interval based on the original order date.
4. Billing to the customer for the auto-ship order will be automatic.
5. Any cancellation of the auto-ship must be received 15 days in advance of the next shipping date scheduled.
Summary: All auto-ship orders need to integrate into the Zen shop cart system. Regular orders need to be generated by auto-ship module just as orders are created online. Normal order number will be assigned to all auto-ship order in normal sequence.