With more than 25 million users, we’ve made it our mission to curate a community of elite-level freelancers, the Preferred Freelancer Program. The community was designed with the sole idea of pooling the best talent on the platform and providing an exclusive space for them to excel.
We are looking for the best of the best freelancers who pride themselves in their workmanship and customer service abilities. If you think you have what it takes to join this elite-level community, we’d love to receive your application.
Once accepted, you'll get guaranteed access to quality leads and will be invited to work on high-value projects.
Each project assigned to you will be backed by our dedicated team who will be pitching you and your services to their clients. We call them the Recruiters.
You’ll also receive a special Preferred Freelancer Badge to ensure you stand out in the marketplace.
As an added bonus, the Preferred Freelancer team will provide you with ongoing education about how to make the most of the platform.
Perks to being a Preferred Freelancer
- Exclusive invitations to high value projects
- Only pay project fees when a milestone is released
- A badge on your Freelancer.com profile
- High level support from our dedicated Accounts Team
- Tips and tricks to enhance your profile
Minimum Entry Requirements
1. Must have at least one skill which matches all of the below:
- Above 85% completion rate
- Star rating of no less than 4.8
- 75% of projects completed on time
- 75% of projects completed on budget
- 3 projects completed in the past 90 days
2. Active on the platform (proposal, accepted invitation, or earnings) in the past 90 days
3. KYC approved
4. Email Verified
5. Plus membership or above
6. Professional Photo or logo
7. Professional and well written profile description
8. Minimum of 8 Items in your profile portfolio
9. No duplicate accounts
10. An account in good standing with no recent or active warnings
11. Successful completion of the Preferred Freelancer Service Agreement Exam (passing score is 80%)
For exam information please click here.
As a Preferred Freelancer, you and your team (in case that you're a group) are expected to complete awarded project work yourself. If you don't have the skills to complete a project, you shouldn't place a bid.
While hiring a freelancer for minor work where some additional help is required is occasionally permitted, hiring other freelancers on the platform (or other platforms) to complete your awarded projects will not be tolerated.
Any Preferred Freelancers found to be outsourcing their projects without the permission of a recruiter will be immediately removed from the program.
If you do with to get minor assistance through the use of other Freelancers on the site then you must:
Ensure that you have informed a Recruiter and received their permission to proceed
Ensure that you comply with any Non Disclosure Agreement and Intellectual Property Agreement that the original project may have
As a Preferred Freelancer you will be exclusively invited to Recruiter upgraded projects everyday giving you first access to high quality projects. Although Recruiter project carry a 15% project fee, you will only be charged when a milestone is released and not when the project is accepted.
Applications and Processing Time
If your application is not successful you can re-submit your application 3 times, after which you will be restricted to apply on a monthly basis.
The maximum processing time for an application is 14 business days.
Free to Join
There are absolutely no costs to join the program, so if the chance to expand your freelancing business excites you please apply.
If you have any questions please email the team at firstname.lastname@example.org or ask any questions in the comment section.